Thursday, September 22, 2016

Hardys in Houston

Todd's sign for me and Theo when we got off the plane.





Favorite gift for the win! (Next to Lotso the Bear from Toy Story 3)








Herman Park






I realized  that I hadn't blogged in a while, so I figured I should give an update to how are little family is doing in the great state of Texas. We've been here since the last week of June and it has been HOT every single day. Lots of humidity, but we expected this and coming from NC, it's not too bad of a shock. The biggest shock is the bugs, I HATE bugs and I have seen a couple of roaches... Yuck!
We love that there is so much to do in Houston, especially me since I am home with Theo. We purchased a zoo pass and we have gone a ton! It's great because we can go for an hour or two then leave without feeling like we wasted money. We also go to the Children's Museum a bunch thanks to friends with passes. Theo loves the toddler room, I just don't love all of the germs!

We also took Theo to his first baseball game on the Fourth of July and it was awesome! We loved the Astro's indoor baseball dome, it made watching the game so much more enjoyable. 

Theo was pretty sick last week/the week before and it was heartbreaking. Fortunately, he is all better and happy as ever. He is so close to walking, but refuses to walk without his little walker toy. He also loves pushing his car around. We also celebrated Theo's FIRST birthday in August. What?! I can't believe it. (More pics of his birthday party on the Hunter Girls Blog.) He's so fun right now, strong willed, but fun. He's wild and such a little boy. He loves playing in the dirt.

We are slowly adjusting to life in Texas. The traffic is miserable, but we try to avoid it as much as possible. We get a little homesick for Chapel Hill now and then, but we are slowly making new friends and starting to feel more at home. Hopefully the crazy heat goes away sometime soon!

-Makenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment