Thursday, December 19, 2013

Company Christmas Party at The Yurt at Solitude Mountain Resort

For my company party this year, we went to The Yurt at Solitude Mountain Resort. This is the most amazing dining experience ever, and I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for something to do in Salt Lake City.

We met in Solitude’s main village to try on our snowshoes and meet up with our guide. We then went on a 10 minute snowshoe expedition up the mountain. The weather was perfect and it felt amazing to breath in the clean air (Salt Lake’s inversion is bad this time of year). When we arrived at The Yurt, we left our snowshoes outside and piled in for the most delicious meal I have ever tested.






Famous chef and chocolatier, Franck Piessel, prepared the most amazing five course meal while we sat and chatted. This was by far the best meal that Todd or I had ever had in our entire lives. Todd and I are not “foodie” people, but everything we ate was amazing! Pictures don’t do it justice, but here are some of my favorite courses:

First course:The most amazing soup I have ever tasted!

Main Course: Stuffed chicken, potatoes and brussel sprouts. I had never tasked brussel sprouts before and now the bar is set pretty high.

Dessert: The best mousse I have ever tasted! Can't go wrong when the chef is a French chocolatier!

When we left The Yurt, we were full and happy. Hiking back down it started snowing lightly, creating the perfect ending to an amazing night. If you are in Utah, you must try The Yurt fine dining experience, you won’t be disappointed.


For more information on The Yurt at Solitude Mountain Resort and how to book a reservation, visit Solitude's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment