Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Hardys are Going Abroad

Since the seventh grade after I did a report on Paris in my geography class, I have been OBSESSED with Paris. My room through middle school and high school was decked out with New York (I lived on Long Island for six years) and Paris pictures. I told myself that someday I would go, and that day is coming in March!

When Todd and I first started dating, we made a bucket list of all the places we wanted to visit. Todd has never been outside of the United States and I have only been once to Mexico when I was 17, so this will be a completely NEW experience for us! 

We decided to go now before we have kids and before we are real adults (yes, we are still kids at heart). We have researched trips basically the entire time we have been married. While there are so many beautiful places to see in the world, we kept coming back to London and Paris. Finally, last Wednesday night, we were looking at flights and found a great deal- so we booked them! We danced around the apartment and couldn't stop yelling "we're going to Europe" at 11 o'clock at night (I'm sure our neighbors appreciated that). 

Needless to say, we can't sit still and get all giddy thinking about it even though it is four months away. We spend every free minute on our computers looking up hotels, things to do, food to eat, travel tips, etc. It's a great way to not spend any money since now we are on a VERY strict budget (so if you invite us out to dinner and we bring our own food, just go with it).

I'm thankful for a husband who shares in my dreams and wants to explore the world as much as I do. Different cultures and places are beautiful, and we want to see them all.

"The world is a book and those who don't travel read only a page." -St. Augustine 

We were tourists for Halloween this year. Don't worry we won't dress like this in Europe, although those shoes are extremely comfortable... 

If you've been to London or Paris, we would love to hear any and all tips or must-see attractions! 

-Makenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment